Grant Hall has been backed to learn fast by his Birmingham City manager.
The former Albion and Lewes youngster, now on loan at Blues from Tottenham, faces his hometown club today.
Lee Clark said: “He is a player who wants to learn and get better.
“If you have got those types of attributes you have got a right good chance. Especially if you have got the ability Grant has.
“But he knows he is not the finished article and needs to get better.”
Hall is expected to start at the back alongside vastly experienced Paul Robinson today.
He made one Championship appearance for the Seagulls, off the bench in the 3-0 win over Southampton three seasons ago.
He also played home and away against Wrexham in the FA Cup around the same time.
Birmingham could go 4-4-2 with Clayton Donaldson and Lee Novak starting up front.
Blues have gone 18 league games at St Andrew’s without a victory but won 3-1 at home to Cambridge United in the Capital One Cup on Tuesday, albeit after extra-time.
- Albion midfielder Sidwell wants new deal
- Talking Point: Hughton deserves to be Albion manager still in August 2018
- Wing wizard Knockaert crowned Albion player of the season
- Knockaert is Albion player of the season. See who won what and re-live a glittering night at the Amex
- Players could surprise Albion boss Hughton in the Prem