Albion’s early-season concerns deepened with a 1-0 defeat at Birmingham today.
Wes Thomas headed the only goal of an undistinguished contest on 52 minutes when he met David Cotterill’s tempting cross with an emphatic close-range finish.
Blues just about deserved this first home league win since last October.
They showed some jitters after going ahead but had just one worrying moment, when Darren Randolph tipped Jake Forster-Caskey’s free-kick over the bar.
New Albion signing Joao Teixeira made his debut as a second-half substitute and curled a free-kick narrowly over.
- Wolves slip - and so do Albion on lively night in the Championship
- Video - Cardiff keeper denies Albion
- Have your say - who was Albion's man of the match against Cardiff?
- Sami Hyypia backs keeper David Stockdale
- Sorry fans! Honest Stockdale holds his hands up for 'bad decision'