Albion are expected to make a loan swoop for Aston Villa full-back Joe Bennett.
The 24-year-old was believed to be undergoing a medical with the Seagulls this afternoon.
Bennett has slipped down the pecking order at Villa Park following Ryan Bertrand's loan spell last season and this summer's arrival of Aly Cissokho, and appears ready to move on in the search for regular football.
His chances have been limited since his £2.75million arrival in the midlands from Middlesbrough, where he emerged from the Teesside club's renowned Academy two summers ago.
- Albion get Premier League ref for promotion decider
- Albion Analysis: Not lift-off but late hope for the promotion showdown with Boro
- We're underdogs for last-day promotion shootout, says Hughton
- Wilson eyes last-day decider after striking late
- Sussex dig in as they bid to salvage draw against Leicestershire