Albion are expected to make a loan swoop for Aston Villa full-back Joe Bennett.
The 24-year-old was believed to be undergoing a medical with the Seagulls this afternoon.
Bennett has slipped down the pecking order at Villa Park following Ryan Bertrand's loan spell last season and this summer's arrival of Aly Cissokho, and appears ready to move on in the search for regular football.
His chances have been limited since his £2.75million arrival in the midlands from Middlesbrough, where he emerged from the Teesside club's renowned Academy two summers ago.
- Talking Point: Hughton deserves to be Albion manager still in August 2018
- Wing wizard Knockaert crowned Albion player of the season
- Knockaert is Albion player of the season. See who won what and re-live a glittering night at the Amex
- Players could surprise Albion boss Hughton in the Prem
- Party was an eye-opener for Sidwell - and the Premier League might be for colleagues