Albion are expected to make a loan swoop for Aston Villa full-back Joe Bennett.
The 24-year-old was believed to be undergoing a medical with the Seagulls this afternoon.
Bennett has slipped down the pecking order at Villa Park following Ryan Bertrand's loan spell last season and this summer's arrival of Aly Cissokho, and appears ready to move on in the search for regular football.
His chances have been limited since his £2.75million arrival in the midlands from Middlesbrough, where he emerged from the Teesside club's renowned Academy two summers ago.
- Goal meant so much to Stephens after long-term injury
- Hughton salutes his best Albion win as a triumph of character
- 29 great pictures of Albion's 2-0 victory over Derby
- County League gets new name as borders open
- Lewes name former Albion under-18s boss as interim manager