Joao Teixeira has been labelled Albion’s “special one” by fellow newcomer Danny Holla.
And boss Sami Hyypia believes the Seagulls could act as a stepping stone for the young Portuguese playmaker into Liverpool’s first team.
Dutchman Holla was in the stands at Birmingham last Saturday when Teixeira made a promising debut as a second half substitute.
They were on the pitch together for their first starts for the Seagulls at Leeds on Tuesday as Teixeira’s early goal and man-of-the-match performance spearheaded a 2-0 win.
Midfielder Holla told The Argus: “As soon as he came on (at Birmingham) he wanted the ball and showed good movement.
“At Leeds he was strong, he was quick, he can move and he scored a really nice goal. You can see he is a special one. We are happy to have him here.”
Teixeira, 21, is on loan for the season from Hyypia's old club Liverpool.
Albion's Finnish manager said: "He is still young and he can improve. You improve the most when you play games. Hopefully we are the stepping stone to the first eleven at Liverpool. He showed at Leeds that he can play.
"It works both ways. We can give Joao a good place to develop and he can play many games. That helps Liverpool also with the player."
Teixeira and Holla are both in line for their home debuts against Bolton Wanderers at the Amex tomorrow.
- Warnock: Letting Murray go was one of my biggest mistakes
- Albion's Santa Noone aims to play Scrooge to his old club this time
- Hughton a better manager now than when he won the Championship with Newcastle
- Albion boss plays down No.2 Trollope's inside information on Cardiff
- Hughton urges Albion to keep promotion push on track in a 'big' December