Albion have competition for Irish defender Brian Lenihan.
Cork City tonight confirmed via their website that they had accepted a second bid for their in-demand young right-back.
The Argus understands the Seagulls had already had a £150,000 bid for the 20-year-old accepted but they were likely to face competition for his signature from the Premier League.
Hull City are among the clubs interested in his services.
Lenihan was tonight pulled out of what was expected to be his farewell appearance for Cork, in an FAI Cup tie against Bohemians.
- Stephens: We're on the crest of a wave
- Orlandi blasts Mourinho in defence of former Albion team-mate Ashley Barnes
- Sussex duo sign contract extensions
- Goal meant so much to Stephens after long-term injury
- Hughton salutes his best Albion win as a triumph of character