Albion have competition for Irish defender Brian Lenihan.
Cork City tonight confirmed via their website that they had accepted a second bid for their in-demand young right-back.
The Argus understands the Seagulls had already had a £150,000 bid for the 20-year-old accepted but they were likely to face competition for his signature from the Premier League.
Hull City are among the clubs interested in his services.
Lenihan was tonight pulled out of what was expected to be his farewell appearance for Cork, in an FAI Cup tie against Bohemians.
- Amex in line for more rugby with Champions Cup semi-final
- Hughes assured he has part to play for Northern Ireland as he waits to break record
- Albion's Kayal is on red alert
- We only have ourselves to blame says Fowler as Reds slip back into drop zone
- Albion keeper hopes for great backing as he heads Home