Albion have competition for Irish defender Brian Lenihan.
Cork City tonight confirmed via their website that they had accepted a second bid for their in-demand young right-back.
The Argus understands the Seagulls had already had a £150,000 bid for the 20-year-old accepted but they were likely to face competition for his signature from the Premier League.
Hull City are among the clubs interested in his services.
Lenihan was tonight pulled out of what was expected to be his farewell appearance for Cork, in an FAI Cup tie against Bohemians.
- Kayal is aiming for the top with Albion
- Hughton happy with his business in transfer window
- Albion seal Kayal deal with visa
- Albion boss reveals O'Grady is going nowhere
- Teixeira admits he can't always be first choice