Sami Hyypia struck on a winning formula at Leeds – but nothing is ever straightforward.
Albion have lost Kemy Agustien to a twisted ankle suffered at Elland Road as they prepare to face Bolton today.
But they have two new options in on-loan left-back Joe Bennett, signed from Aston Villa this week, and midfielder Andrew Crofts, now free of suspension.
So what would you do in Hyppia’s place as you plot to extend the Trotters' poor start to the season?
Would you do what he did during the second half at Leeds and replace Agustien with Kazenga LuaLua?
Does Bennett start? Does Aaron Hughes come back into defence?
Do you change formation a little?
Paddy McCourt believes he is not yet ready for 90 minutes. But do you start him anyway?
There is plenty to discuss ahead of the second home league game of the season.
So how would you line up against Bolton if you were in the hot seat?
- Colunga leaves Albion for return to Spain
- On his way back up North but now a cult figure, the stunning transformation of Albion striker Chris O'Grady
- Toko left Albion without a pay-off
- Kayal is aiming for the top with Albion
- Hughton happy with his business in transfer window