Sami Hyypia has praised Lewis Dunk’s early season form.
And he reckons the defender’s two goals to save a point at the Amex today were a nice bonus.
Dunk headed home twice to secure a 2-2 draw at home to Charlton.
Both goals came from corners, the second – in added time – after Kazenga LuaLua had chipped the ball back into the goalmouth.
Albion boss Hyypia said: “It’s great we can score from set-pieces.
“They were both good headers. I’m happy for Dunky.
“He has played very well recently and getting on the scoresheet is a bonus.
“But we don’t put big guys in the box for nothing at corners!”
Hyypia wants Albion to keep playing their football, even though he felt they worked their way into problems when Charlton scored their second goal.
He added: “We want to play football and sometimes we can lose the ball and the opposition scores.
“That is our way of playing and I don’t want to change that.
“That was in a phase we were good in the game and it was a bad goal to concede at the time.
“But the players kept going and in the end we got the reward.”
- Bruno enjoys a special birthday - and 'brilliant' Albion performance
- Hughton hails best-yet Seagulls as they win at Hillsborough
- Sheffield Wednesday 1 Albion 2: Our as-it-happened report from Hillsborough
- Ex-Blade Murphy gets chance to shine on return to Sheffield
- Albion midfielder Sidwell aiming for six of the best in the Premier League