ALBION boss Chris Hughton has a No.10 at the top of his Premier League wish list.
An attacking playmaker will be a priority signing for the promoted Seagulls’ first season in the top flight since 1983.
- Albion have reason for hope in race for Abraham
- No-brainer for Kewell as he talks about his ambition for Crawley
- Albion ace Knockaert blown away by Gayle in fans' poll
- No respite in the Premier League, warns former Albion No.1
- Video: Boy racer Brennan makes a big impact for Eagles - and fits in his revision
Hughton plans to tinker with the 4-4-2 system so successful for the last two seasons in the Championship.
He told The Argus: “I would see myself at times playing it but also very much a 4-4-1-1.”
Hughton wanted a No.10 last summer. Albion tried to buy Alex Pritchard from Spurs but he had a last-minute change of heart and signed for Norwich instead.
Now Hughton will try again to land a deep-lying creator. He said: “Yes, a number ten.
Meanwhile, Irishman Richie Towell will be remaining in the Championship – out on loan.
Fellow fringe midfielder Rohan Ince is also destined for another temporary move away from the Amex.
Hughton said: “Players like Rohan and Richie will go out on loan.
“We have been really delighted with Richie but we are very keen for him to get out on loan to the Championship next season.”
Towell, 25, has not made a league start since signing from Dundalk 18 months ago.
Ince, 24, had a loan spell with Fulham last season and spent the last three-and-a-half months this season on loan to Swindon.