Hundreds of people have opposed town hall plans to revamp a roundabout.
The local authority believes steps can be taken to ease congestion and make it safer for pedestrians and road users.
But members of the Dials North West Community Association believe it will create extra traffic in neighbouring residential streets.
The group said it had collected more than 900 signatures opposing the scheme.
To sign visit www.brighton-hove.gov.uk.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Hove Park headteacher recommends governors to vote against academy status
- Call for safety review after man knifed in gardens
- Fate of school is uncertain as vote nears
- Boy driving van nearly hits man
- Walkers warned after crack appears at beauty spot