Dozens of people have signed a petition against taxi rank plans.
As part of its wider strategy to improve the Brighton Station area, Brighton and Hove City Council has proposed licensed hackney carriages wait in Frederick Place, Brighton.
So far 130 people have signed the petition on the local authority’s website claiming it will lead to increased traffic congestion and air pollution.
It adds: “North Laine should remain a conservation area, not become a disaster area.”
To add your signature visit www.brighton-hove.gov.uk e-petitions.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- 18-year-old stabbed in Brighton McDonald's
- Car failed to stop for police which killed pensioner in hit-and-run
- 87-year-old woman hit by taxi in Brighton city centre dies
- Drivers strike on Southern called off
- Police warn public about serial scammer conning good samaritans out of money