The ArgusHoskins can bounce back says Albion boss (From The Argus)

Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.

Hoskins can bounce back says Albion boss

The Argus: Will Hoskins can take encouragement from Albion boss Gus Poyet's recovery from a similar injury Will Hoskins can take encouragement from Albion boss Gus Poyet's recovery from a similar injury

ALBION striker Will Hoskins has been told he can bounce back from devastating knee damage.

Hoskins, 26, will have surgery in Germany on Monday to repair ruptured cruciate and medial ligaments in his right knee after suffering the injury in the first half of Tuesday’s 1-1 draw against Blackburn Rovers at The Amex.

Manager Gus Poyet recovered from a similar blow in the early stages of his playing career with Chelsea.

Poyet said: “I tried to be positive with him because I had a knee injury around his age. I was 29 when it happened to me and I went on to play to a high standard for another seven years so I’m sure that he will come back and be very successful.

“It’s a massive shame because we were counting on him to be a part of our run-in and he was in a moment of form in training where he pushed me a lot to play him. That’s why he started the game on Tuesday night.

“Now this has happened to him so it’s really bad luck for Will. It’s still too early to say too much about it and we need to hope that everything goes all right.

“We will need to sit down and have a look at the whole picture but under normal conditions he should be back for pre-season. We will all have to wait and see though.”

Hoskins’ contract expires at the end of the season, although Albion have an option to extend it. His future with the club will be discussed when chairman Tony Bloom returns from Australia next week.

Meanwhile, Albion have honoured an arrangement with former midfielder Agustin Battipiedi by awarding the Argentinian a short-term deal for the rest of the season with the development squad.

Battipiedi was due to rejoin the Seagulls on a six-month development contract from July to January until suffering cruciate knee ligament damage in a pre-season friendly against Dover and returning to Argentina for surgery.

The 23-year-old, who made 13 first team appearances for Albion in the 2010-11 season before spells at Eastbourne Borough and Dover, featured as an over-aged player in the first half of the development squad’s 3-1 victory at QPR on Tuesday.

Poyet said: “He can help us and we can help him as well.”

Poyet lost out to Leicester's Nigel Pearson in the Championship manager of the month for January after guiding Albion to two wins and two draws in the league, as well as knocking out Newcastle and running Arsenal close in the FA Cup.

Comments (30)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:15am Fri 15 Feb 13

Jonathan Mouette says...

Fingers crossed that Will recover fully from this, that he will have a future in football and that future will be at the Albion.
Fingers crossed that Will recover fully from this, that he will have a future in football and that future will be at the Albion. Jonathan Mouette
  • Score: 0

10:23am Fri 15 Feb 13

PittaPatta says...

Jonathan Mouette wrote:
Fingers crossed that Will recover fully from this, that he will have a future in football and that future will be at the Albion.
Couldn't agree more JM.
He was impressive during his all too brief appearance against Blackburn. My feelings are that he will eventually come good for the club, despite the setbacks and negatives from certain fans.
[quote][p][bold]Jonathan Mouette[/bold] wrote: Fingers crossed that Will recover fully from this, that he will have a future in football and that future will be at the Albion.[/p][/quote]Couldn't agree more JM. He was impressive during his all too brief appearance against Blackburn. My feelings are that he will eventually come good for the club, despite the setbacks and negatives from certain fans. PittaPatta
  • Score: 0

11:05am Fri 15 Feb 13

Bish May Turn says...

I hope he doesn't read Paul Lakes autobiography, which by the way is excellent. injury's to cruciate has come on so much in the last 5 years, hopefully he will be back as good as new.
I hope he doesn't read Paul Lakes autobiography, which by the way is excellent. injury's to cruciate has come on so much in the last 5 years, hopefully he will be back as good as new. Bish May Turn
  • Score: 0

1:02pm Fri 15 Feb 13

7Rookie says...

Hope the club stand by him and offer him something so he can prove his fitness. Very good footballer who has had rotten luck since we signed him, keep with him and he will come good
Hope the club stand by him and offer him something so he can prove his fitness. Very good footballer who has had rotten luck since we signed him, keep with him and he will come good 7Rookie
  • Score: 0

1:29pm Fri 15 Feb 13

B rian Tawses left foot says...

Well here it is - a golden opportunity for 'Freeloader', 'Hove Actually', 'Peckham Actually' and best of all 'Never Wrong Dave' to say something nice and wish the player a rapid and full recovery. We'd better not hold our collective breath waiting though.
Well here it is - a golden opportunity for 'Freeloader', 'Hove Actually', 'Peckham Actually' and best of all 'Never Wrong Dave' to say something nice and wish the player a rapid and full recovery. We'd better not hold our collective breath waiting though. B rian Tawses left foot
  • Score: 0

1:58pm Fri 15 Feb 13

VegasSeagull says...

A truly tough time for the lad to endure but I am sure he has enough metal to overcome this set back.

Looking to his future, well I think a fully fit Hoskins should leave Brighton, leave for his own good. If we get promoted then in all honesty many at Brighton will not make the step up and I think he is one of those. If we stay where we are, well Gus has not consistently seen enough coming from him in training to persuade him to give the lad a run of matches.

I said this on another thread, so sorry for the repeating myself, Swindon should be his next home. I am confident that Dicanio will get them promoted to the Championship and I am certain that Hoskins would have more of a chance to make the starting line up.

Brighton will be looking next year, even without promotion, to sign higher quality players and every time they do Hoskins will move down a peg. Dicanio will be looking to do the same and I think Hoskins would be a step ahead of some that currently play for Swindon.
A truly tough time for the lad to endure but I am sure he has enough metal to overcome this set back. Looking to his future, well I think a fully fit Hoskins should leave Brighton, leave for his own good. If we get promoted then in all honesty many at Brighton will not make the step up and I think he is one of those. If we stay where we are, well Gus has not consistently seen enough coming from him in training to persuade him to give the lad a run of matches. I said this on another thread, so sorry for the repeating myself, Swindon should be his next home. I am confident that Dicanio will get them promoted to the Championship and I am certain that Hoskins would have more of a chance to make the starting line up. Brighton will be looking next year, even without promotion, to sign higher quality players and every time they do Hoskins will move down a peg. Dicanio will be looking to do the same and I think Hoskins would be a step ahead of some that currently play for Swindon. VegasSeagull
  • Score: 0

2:39pm Fri 15 Feb 13

Old Scrote of the Amex says...

B rian Tawses left foot wrote:
Well here it is - a golden opportunity for 'Freeloader', 'Hove Actually', 'Peckham Actually' and best of all 'Never Wrong Dave' to say something nice and wish the player a rapid and full recovery. We'd better not hold our collective breath waiting though.
I believe Freeloaders has already referred to the Hoskins injury with a bunch of LOLs and seems to genuinely think he fakes injuries to get himself new contracts.
[quote][p][bold]B rian Tawses left foot[/bold] wrote: Well here it is - a golden opportunity for 'Freeloader', 'Hove Actually', 'Peckham Actually' and best of all 'Never Wrong Dave' to say something nice and wish the player a rapid and full recovery. We'd better not hold our collective breath waiting though.[/p][/quote]I believe Freeloaders has already referred to the Hoskins injury with a bunch of LOLs and seems to genuinely think he fakes injuries to get himself new contracts. Old Scrote of the Amex
  • Score: 0

3:31pm Fri 15 Feb 13

ballantrrae says...

7Rookie wrote:
Hope the club stand by him and offer him something so he can prove his fitness. Very good footballer who has had rotten luck since we signed him, keep with him and he will come good
I second your post 7Rookie.
Hosko deserves a good run from Lady Luck.
I see from the Argus report above that he was very much part of Poyet's plans for ' the run in'.
I wonder if Poyet will make a loan signing, as he hinted yesterday, to replace him. Of course Agdestein is a possibility for the bench, at least for the Cardiff game, with both Barnes and now Hoskins unavailable.
I wonder if Vicente might have been subbed for the last 10 - 12 minutes against Blackburn if Hosko hadn't been injured. Orlandi his obvious replacement was already on the pitch for Hoskins which possibly prevented Poyet resting Vicente towards the end of the match.
[quote][p][bold]7Rookie[/bold] wrote: Hope the club stand by him and offer him something so he can prove his fitness. Very good footballer who has had rotten luck since we signed him, keep with him and he will come good[/p][/quote]I second your post 7Rookie. Hosko deserves a good run from Lady Luck. I see from the Argus report above that he was very much part of Poyet's plans for ' the run in'. I wonder if Poyet will make a loan signing, as he hinted yesterday, to replace him. Of course Agdestein is a possibility for the bench, at least for the Cardiff game, with both Barnes and now Hoskins unavailable. I wonder if Vicente might have been subbed for the last 10 - 12 minutes against Blackburn if Hosko hadn't been injured. Orlandi his obvious replacement was already on the pitch for Hoskins which possibly prevented Poyet resting Vicente towards the end of the match. ballantrrae
  • Score: 0

4:48pm Fri 15 Feb 13

wiseman of hove says...

Bish May Turn wrote:
I hope he doesn't read Paul Lakes autobiography, which by the way is excellent. injury's to cruciate has come on so much in the last 5 years, hopefully he will be back as good as new.
Yes, an excellent book. A cut above the usual football autobiographies. You really feel for Lake enduring one setback after another.
Hosko is in good hands at this club so it's fingers crossed.
[quote][p][bold]Bish May Turn[/bold] wrote: I hope he doesn't read Paul Lakes autobiography, which by the way is excellent. injury's to cruciate has come on so much in the last 5 years, hopefully he will be back as good as new.[/p][/quote]Yes, an excellent book. A cut above the usual football autobiographies. You really feel for Lake enduring one setback after another. Hosko is in good hands at this club so it's fingers crossed. wiseman of hove
  • Score: 0

4:59pm Fri 15 Feb 13

Freeloaders says...

I will never wish the guy luck i know what the Watford manager had to say about him.I also know what they had to say at Notts Forest.Both clubs couldn't wait to get him out the door and off the wage bill.Did Sheff U want him back ha?even when he said i don't want to be at Brighton im lonley lol.Read Gus words above again.His pushed me in training to playing him,thats why he played on tuesday lol.Now work it out that means Gus is saying his not been working hard in training.If we all go by you brain dead mugs Gus has been going out his way not to play the clubs best striker every week.So why would he do that if such a great manager ha?
I will never wish the guy luck i know what the Watford manager had to say about him.I also know what they had to say at Notts Forest.Both clubs couldn't wait to get him out the door and off the wage bill.Did Sheff U want him back ha?even when he said i don't want to be at Brighton im lonley lol.Read Gus words above again.His pushed me in training to playing him,thats why he played on tuesday lol.Now work it out that means Gus is saying his not been working hard in training.If we all go by you brain dead mugs Gus has been going out his way not to play the clubs best striker every week.So why would he do that if such a great manager ha? Freeloaders
  • Score: 0

5:05pm Fri 15 Feb 13

Freeloaders says...

wiseman of hove wrote:
Bish May Turn wrote:
I hope he doesn't read Paul Lakes autobiography, which by the way is excellent. injury's to cruciate has come on so much in the last 5 years, hopefully he will be back as good as new.
Yes, an excellent book. A cut above the usual football autobiographies. You really feel for Lake enduring one setback after another.
Hosko is in good hands at this club so it's fingers crossed.
So on that working his been in good hands for the last two years but has that stopped injury after injury lol.Did it stop it at Watford,Notts Forest,Bristol Rovers,Sheff U,and a few more lol.Please tell me why will it be so different next time lol.
[quote][p][bold]wiseman of hove[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bish May Turn[/bold] wrote: I hope he doesn't read Paul Lakes autobiography, which by the way is excellent. injury's to cruciate has come on so much in the last 5 years, hopefully he will be back as good as new.[/p][/quote]Yes, an excellent book. A cut above the usual football autobiographies. You really feel for Lake enduring one setback after another. Hosko is in good hands at this club so it's fingers crossed.[/p][/quote]So on that working his been in good hands for the last two years but has that stopped injury after injury lol.Did it stop it at Watford,Notts Forest,Bristol Rovers,Sheff U,and a few more lol.Please tell me why will it be so different next time lol. Freeloaders
  • Score: 0

5:15pm Fri 15 Feb 13

VegasSeagull says...

Freeloaders wrote:
I will never wish the guy luck i know what the Watford manager had to say about him.I also know what they had to say at Notts Forest.Both clubs couldn't wait to get him out the door and off the wage bill.Did Sheff U want him back ha?even when he said i don't want to be at Brighton im lonley lol.Read Gus words above again.His pushed me in training to playing him,thats why he played on tuesday lol.Now work it out that means Gus is saying his not been working hard in training.If we all go by you brain dead mugs Gus has been going out his way not to play the clubs best striker every week.So why would he do that if such a great manager ha?
Freeloader I think when Gus says, 'he pushed me in training to play him,' I think what he meant by that was, his work rate and results of that work was good enough to earn the lad a start.

I have suggested often that players earn their starting place on the training field and lose it in the matches, this lad earned his start at that time.

As for you not wanting to wish the lad luck, well I would wish any player luck if they suffered the injury Hoskins has, even dare I say, a Palace player. My attitude comes from having a desire not too see anyone suffer.
[quote][p][bold]Freeloaders[/bold] wrote: I will never wish the guy luck i know what the Watford manager had to say about him.I also know what they had to say at Notts Forest.Both clubs couldn't wait to get him out the door and off the wage bill.Did Sheff U want him back ha?even when he said i don't want to be at Brighton im lonley lol.Read Gus words above again.His pushed me in training to playing him,thats why he played on tuesday lol.Now work it out that means Gus is saying his not been working hard in training.If we all go by you brain dead mugs Gus has been going out his way not to play the clubs best striker every week.So why would he do that if such a great manager ha?[/p][/quote]Freeloader I think when Gus says, 'he pushed me in training to play him,' I think what he meant by that was, his work rate and results of that work was good enough to earn the lad a start. I have suggested often that players earn their starting place on the training field and lose it in the matches, this lad earned his start at that time. As for you not wanting to wish the lad luck, well I would wish any player luck if they suffered the injury Hoskins has, even dare I say, a Palace player. My attitude comes from having a desire not too see anyone suffer. VegasSeagull
  • Score: 0

5:17pm Fri 15 Feb 13

Freeloaders says...

VegasSeagull wrote:
A truly tough time for the lad to endure but I am sure he has enough metal to overcome this set back.

Looking to his future, well I think a fully fit Hoskins should leave Brighton, leave for his own good. If we get promoted then in all honesty many at Brighton will not make the step up and I think he is one of those. If we stay where we are, well Gus has not consistently seen enough coming from him in training to persuade him to give the lad a run of matches.

I said this on another thread, so sorry for the repeating myself, Swindon should be his next home. I am confident that Dicanio will get them promoted to the Championship and I am certain that Hoskins would have more of a chance to make the starting line up.

Brighton will be looking next year, even without promotion, to sign higher quality players and every time they do Hoskins will move down a peg. Dicanio will be looking to do the same and I think Hoskins would be a step ahead of some that currently play for Swindon.
Thank you Mr,Vegas.His not even a good championship player so how in Gods name is he a prem-league player lol.If that was the case other clubs would have been smashing down the door to sign him when they saw him out the first team.Just like when many other clubs knew they maybe able to get there hands on Chris Wood from WBA.For the record palace were sniffing around Murray long before his contract run out with us.That way they are first in to sign him.
[quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: A truly tough time for the lad to endure but I am sure he has enough metal to overcome this set back. Looking to his future, well I think a fully fit Hoskins should leave Brighton, leave for his own good. If we get promoted then in all honesty many at Brighton will not make the step up and I think he is one of those. If we stay where we are, well Gus has not consistently seen enough coming from him in training to persuade him to give the lad a run of matches. I said this on another thread, so sorry for the repeating myself, Swindon should be his next home. I am confident that Dicanio will get them promoted to the Championship and I am certain that Hoskins would have more of a chance to make the starting line up. Brighton will be looking next year, even without promotion, to sign higher quality players and every time they do Hoskins will move down a peg. Dicanio will be looking to do the same and I think Hoskins would be a step ahead of some that currently play for Swindon.[/p][/quote]Thank you Mr,Vegas.His not even a good championship player so how in Gods name is he a prem-league player lol.If that was the case other clubs would have been smashing down the door to sign him when they saw him out the first team.Just like when many other clubs knew they maybe able to get there hands on Chris Wood from WBA.For the record palace were sniffing around Murray long before his contract run out with us.That way they are first in to sign him. Freeloaders
  • Score: 0

5:19pm Fri 15 Feb 13

Old Scrote of the Amex says...

Freeloaders wrote:
I will never wish the guy luck i know what the Watford manager had to say about him.I also know what they had to say at Notts Forest.Both clubs couldn't wait to get him out the door and off the wage bill.Did Sheff U want him back ha?even when he said i don't want to be at Brighton im lonley lol.Read Gus words above again.His pushed me in training to playing him,thats why he played on tuesday lol.Now work it out that means Gus is saying his not been working hard in training.If we all go by you brain dead mugs Gus has been going out his way not to play the clubs best striker every week.So why would he do that if such a great manager ha?
What a welcome addition to the human species you were, all compassion and concern for your fellow man. Lovely, heart-warming stuff.
[quote][p][bold]Freeloaders[/bold] wrote: I will never wish the guy luck i know what the Watford manager had to say about him.I also know what they had to say at Notts Forest.Both clubs couldn't wait to get him out the door and off the wage bill.Did Sheff U want him back ha?even when he said i don't want to be at Brighton im lonley lol.Read Gus words above again.His pushed me in training to playing him,thats why he played on tuesday lol.Now work it out that means Gus is saying his not been working hard in training.If we all go by you brain dead mugs Gus has been going out his way not to play the clubs best striker every week.So why would he do that if such a great manager ha?[/p][/quote]What a welcome addition to the human species you were, all compassion and concern for your fellow man. Lovely, heart-warming stuff. Old Scrote of the Amex
  • Score: 0

5:29pm Fri 15 Feb 13

Freeloaders says...

VegasSeagull wrote:
Freeloaders wrote:
I will never wish the guy luck i know what the Watford manager had to say about him.I also know what they had to say at Notts Forest.Both clubs couldn't wait to get him out the door and off the wage bill.Did Sheff U want him back ha?even when he said i don't want to be at Brighton im lonley lol.Read Gus words above again.His pushed me in training to playing him,thats why he played on tuesday lol.Now work it out that means Gus is saying his not been working hard in training.If we all go by you brain dead mugs Gus has been going out his way not to play the clubs best striker every week.So why would he do that if such a great manager ha?
Freeloader I think when Gus says, 'he pushed me in training to play him,' I think what he meant by that was, his work rate and results of that work was good enough to earn the lad a start.

I have suggested often that players earn their starting place on the training field and lose it in the matches, this lad earned his start at that time.

As for you not wanting to wish the lad luck, well I would wish any player luck if they suffered the injury Hoskins has, even dare I say, a Palace player. My attitude comes from having a desire not too see anyone suffer.
Are you now saying i want to see people suffer?Peope get hurt every day in this country doing there jobs,and for most time for very little pay.Do you people care about all the window cleaners that die in this country ever year?My heart goes out to those two young police women and their familys.Not some silly footballer thats been given chance after chance.Lets not forget he didn't even wish to be at Brighton when he went off on loan to Sheff U last season because he was lonley lol.Iv only got the wife and kids down here he told the Argus,its not easy.Boy needs to wake up most people would pay to have his life.
[quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Freeloaders[/bold] wrote: I will never wish the guy luck i know what the Watford manager had to say about him.I also know what they had to say at Notts Forest.Both clubs couldn't wait to get him out the door and off the wage bill.Did Sheff U want him back ha?even when he said i don't want to be at Brighton im lonley lol.Read Gus words above again.His pushed me in training to playing him,thats why he played on tuesday lol.Now work it out that means Gus is saying his not been working hard in training.If we all go by you brain dead mugs Gus has been going out his way not to play the clubs best striker every week.So why would he do that if such a great manager ha?[/p][/quote]Freeloader I think when Gus says, 'he pushed me in training to play him,' I think what he meant by that was, his work rate and results of that work was good enough to earn the lad a start. I have suggested often that players earn their starting place on the training field and lose it in the matches, this lad earned his start at that time. As for you not wanting to wish the lad luck, well I would wish any player luck if they suffered the injury Hoskins has, even dare I say, a Palace player. My attitude comes from having a desire not too see anyone suffer.[/p][/quote]Are you now saying i want to see people suffer?Peope get hurt every day in this country doing there jobs,and for most time for very little pay.Do you people care about all the window cleaners that die in this country ever year?My heart goes out to those two young police women and their familys.Not some silly footballer thats been given chance after chance.Lets not forget he didn't even wish to be at Brighton when he went off on loan to Sheff U last season because he was lonley lol.Iv only got the wife and kids down here he told the Argus,its not easy.Boy needs to wake up most people would pay to have his life. Freeloaders
  • Score: 0

5:35pm Fri 15 Feb 13

Freeloaders says...

Old Scrote of the Amex wrote:
Freeloaders wrote:
I will never wish the guy luck i know what the Watford manager had to say about him.I also know what they had to say at Notts Forest.Both clubs couldn't wait to get him out the door and off the wage bill.Did Sheff U want him back ha?even when he said i don't want to be at Brighton im lonley lol.Read Gus words above again.His pushed me in training to playing him,thats why he played on tuesday lol.Now work it out that means Gus is saying his not been working hard in training.If we all go by you brain dead mugs Gus has been going out his way not to play the clubs best striker every week.So why would he do that if such a great manager ha?
What a welcome addition to the human species you were, all compassion and concern for your fellow man. Lovely, heart-warming stuff.
Just anser the points i make above you stupid man.Im not asking what you think of me,im not on here to make friends.Anser the points i make about this player?
[quote][p][bold]Old Scrote of the Amex[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Freeloaders[/bold] wrote: I will never wish the guy luck i know what the Watford manager had to say about him.I also know what they had to say at Notts Forest.Both clubs couldn't wait to get him out the door and off the wage bill.Did Sheff U want him back ha?even when he said i don't want to be at Brighton im lonley lol.Read Gus words above again.His pushed me in training to playing him,thats why he played on tuesday lol.Now work it out that means Gus is saying his not been working hard in training.If we all go by you brain dead mugs Gus has been going out his way not to play the clubs best striker every week.So why would he do that if such a great manager ha?[/p][/quote]What a welcome addition to the human species you were, all compassion and concern for your fellow man. Lovely, heart-warming stuff.[/p][/quote]Just anser the points i make above you stupid man.Im not asking what you think of me,im not on here to make friends.Anser the points i make about this player? Freeloaders
  • Score: 0

5:40pm Fri 15 Feb 13

Old Scrote of the Amex says...

Freeloaders wrote:
Old Scrote of the Amex wrote:
Freeloaders wrote:
I will never wish the guy luck i know what the Watford manager had to say about him.I also know what they had to say at Notts Forest.Both clubs couldn't wait to get him out the door and off the wage bill.Did Sheff U want him back ha?even when he said i don't want to be at Brighton im lonley lol.Read Gus words above again.His pushed me in training to playing him,thats why he played on tuesday lol.Now work it out that means Gus is saying his not been working hard in training.If we all go by you brain dead mugs Gus has been going out his way not to play the clubs best striker every week.So why would he do that if such a great manager ha?
What a welcome addition to the human species you were, all compassion and concern for your fellow man. Lovely, heart-warming stuff.
Just anser the points i make above you stupid man.Im not asking what you think of me,im not on here to make friends.Anser the points i make about this player?
Okay - yes, Sheff Utd DID want him back, according to the manager at the time -they were waiting to see how his recovery from injury went. But then that doesn't fit in with your agenda, does it?

And you seem to have kayboard Tourettes - you seem unable to type without insulting people.
[quote][p][bold]Freeloaders[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Old Scrote of the Amex[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Freeloaders[/bold] wrote: I will never wish the guy luck i know what the Watford manager had to say about him.I also know what they had to say at Notts Forest.Both clubs couldn't wait to get him out the door and off the wage bill.Did Sheff U want him back ha?even when he said i don't want to be at Brighton im lonley lol.Read Gus words above again.His pushed me in training to playing him,thats why he played on tuesday lol.Now work it out that means Gus is saying his not been working hard in training.If we all go by you brain dead mugs Gus has been going out his way not to play the clubs best striker every week.So why would he do that if such a great manager ha?[/p][/quote]What a welcome addition to the human species you were, all compassion and concern for your fellow man. Lovely, heart-warming stuff.[/p][/quote]Just anser the points i make above you stupid man.Im not asking what you think of me,im not on here to make friends.Anser the points i make about this player?[/p][/quote]Okay - yes, Sheff Utd DID want him back, according to the manager at the time -they were waiting to see how his recovery from injury went. But then that doesn't fit in with your agenda, does it? And you seem to have kayboard Tourettes - you seem unable to type without insulting people. Old Scrote of the Amex
  • Score: 0

5:42pm Fri 15 Feb 13

Freeloaders says...

Old Scrote of the Amex wrote:
B rian Tawses left foot wrote:
Well here it is - a golden opportunity for 'Freeloader', 'Hove Actually', 'Peckham Actually' and best of all 'Never Wrong Dave' to say something nice and wish the player a rapid and full recovery. We'd better not hold our collective breath waiting though.
I believe Freeloaders has already referred to the Hoskins injury with a bunch of LOLs and seems to genuinely think he fakes injuries to get himself new contracts.
Looks like i was right yet again then lol.When he signed one of the Watford staff came on here for a few weeks and made the very same points.
[quote][p][bold]Old Scrote of the Amex[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]B rian Tawses left foot[/bold] wrote: Well here it is - a golden opportunity for 'Freeloader', 'Hove Actually', 'Peckham Actually' and best of all 'Never Wrong Dave' to say something nice and wish the player a rapid and full recovery. We'd better not hold our collective breath waiting though.[/p][/quote]I believe Freeloaders has already referred to the Hoskins injury with a bunch of LOLs and seems to genuinely think he fakes injuries to get himself new contracts.[/p][/quote]Looks like i was right yet again then lol.When he signed one of the Watford staff came on here for a few weeks and made the very same points. Freeloaders
  • Score: 0

5:51pm Fri 15 Feb 13

Freeloaders says...

Old Scrote of the Amex wrote:
Freeloaders wrote:
Old Scrote of the Amex wrote:
Freeloaders wrote:
I will never wish the guy luck i know what the Watford manager had to say about him.I also know what they had to say at Notts Forest.Both clubs couldn't wait to get him out the door and off the wage bill.Did Sheff U want him back ha?even when he said i don't want to be at Brighton im lonley lol.Read Gus words above again.His pushed me in training to playing him,thats why he played on tuesday lol.Now work it out that means Gus is saying his not been working hard in training.If we all go by you brain dead mugs Gus has been going out his way not to play the clubs best striker every week.So why would he do that if such a great manager ha?
What a welcome addition to the human species you were, all compassion and concern for your fellow man. Lovely, heart-warming stuff.
Just anser the points i make above you stupid man.Im not asking what you think of me,im not on here to make friends.Anser the points i make about this player?
Okay - yes, Sheff Utd DID want him back, according to the manager at the time -they were waiting to see how his recovery from injury went. But then that doesn't fit in with your agenda, does it?

And you seem to have kayboard Tourettes - you seem unable to type without insulting people.
You really think i believe that you silly man.Yes it really looked like Sheff U were smashing down the door to resign him lol.Just like Watford,and Notts Forest came back after him.I can tell you Southhampton had a very little look at him just before we signed him.But they found out what im talking about and run a million miles.Now we all know who they ended up with lol.Now i would waste a years free money on that guy if it got me 77million back next year.
[quote][p][bold]Old Scrote of the Amex[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Freeloaders[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Old Scrote of the Amex[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Freeloaders[/bold] wrote: I will never wish the guy luck i know what the Watford manager had to say about him.I also know what they had to say at Notts Forest.Both clubs couldn't wait to get him out the door and off the wage bill.Did Sheff U want him back ha?even when he said i don't want to be at Brighton im lonley lol.Read Gus words above again.His pushed me in training to playing him,thats why he played on tuesday lol.Now work it out that means Gus is saying his not been working hard in training.If we all go by you brain dead mugs Gus has been going out his way not to play the clubs best striker every week.So why would he do that if such a great manager ha?[/p][/quote]What a welcome addition to the human species you were, all compassion and concern for your fellow man. Lovely, heart-warming stuff.[/p][/quote]Just anser the points i make above you stupid man.Im not asking what you think of me,im not on here to make friends.Anser the points i make about this player?[/p][/quote]Okay - yes, Sheff Utd DID want him back, according to the manager at the time -they were waiting to see how his recovery from injury went. But then that doesn't fit in with your agenda, does it? And you seem to have kayboard Tourettes - you seem unable to type without insulting people.[/p][/quote]You really think i believe that you silly man.Yes it really looked like Sheff U were smashing down the door to resign him lol.Just like Watford,and Notts Forest came back after him.I can tell you Southhampton had a very little look at him just before we signed him.But they found out what im talking about and run a million miles.Now we all know who they ended up with lol.Now i would waste a years free money on that guy if it got me 77million back next year. Freeloaders
  • Score: 0

5:53pm Fri 15 Feb 13

VegasSeagull says...

Freeloader would you not agree that some signings are made because a manager is of the opinion that whilst the player may not have succeeded at his old club, he might well succeed with his new club.

Brighton have recently been laying out money on signings for the development squad, the club obviously thinks they will do well but at this time no one really knows if they will. The young goal keeper we have signed is only 17 but we are giving him a three year deal come the summer, like the others it's all a bit of a gamble.

Are there any of the new DS players bad signings, in your opinion?
Freeloader would you not agree that some signings are made because a manager is of the opinion that whilst the player may not have succeeded at his old club, he might well succeed with his new club. Brighton have recently been laying out money on signings for the development squad, the club obviously thinks they will do well but at this time no one really knows if they will. The young goal keeper we have signed is only 17 but we are giving him a three year deal come the summer, like the others it's all a bit of a gamble. Are there any of the new DS players bad signings, in your opinion? VegasSeagull
  • Score: 0

6:04pm Fri 15 Feb 13

Freeloaders says...

Yes Vegas i agree that happens.Like on the other story you pointed this out about Bridcutt.But the word in football was only very good about Bridcutt.His only ever really been at chelsea.But Hoskins had loads of clubs long before he came here for such a young player.Don't you see what a bad sign that is?Watford thought the lad had lots of talent but they couldn't control him off the field.
Yes Vegas i agree that happens.Like on the other story you pointed this out about Bridcutt.But the word in football was only very good about Bridcutt.His only ever really been at chelsea.But Hoskins had loads of clubs long before he came here for such a young player.Don't you see what a bad sign that is?Watford thought the lad had lots of talent but they couldn't control him off the field. Freeloaders
  • Score: 0

6:05pm Fri 15 Feb 13

Old Scrote of the Amex says...

No, Freeloader, I don't expect you to believe in anything. Rational thought, manners, politeness, compassion, common sense, facts (easily findable on Google, should you be willing to challenge your preconceptions). None of the above.
No, Freeloader, I don't expect you to believe in anything. Rational thought, manners, politeness, compassion, common sense, facts (easily findable on Google, should you be willing to challenge your preconceptions). None of the above. Old Scrote of the Amex
  • Score: 0

6:24pm Fri 15 Feb 13

Freeloaders says...

Old Scrote of the Amex wrote:
No, Freeloader, I don't expect you to believe in anything. Rational thought, manners, politeness, compassion, common sense, facts (easily findable on Google, should you be willing to challenge your preconceptions). None of the above.
It took you over an hour to come up with that reply ha lol.Thats the best you can do.Even if you have been busy doing other things the fact you come straight back on and post that rubbish proves you have been thinking about it all this time.Get a life you sad little man.Its clear you live your life to just take pick at my posts about a football club.Why does that fact me and the staff at Watford,Palace,South
hampton,Notts Forest,and a many few other clubs know all about Will Hoskins upset you so much ha?plz anser that?You think because of you we are all gona change our minds lol.If you think his so good plz ask one of the above clubs to take your friend on.But im sure i know the reply your get.But feel free.
[quote][p][bold]Old Scrote of the Amex[/bold] wrote: No, Freeloader, I don't expect you to believe in anything. Rational thought, manners, politeness, compassion, common sense, facts (easily findable on Google, should you be willing to challenge your preconceptions). None of the above.[/p][/quote]It took you over an hour to come up with that reply ha lol.Thats the best you can do.Even if you have been busy doing other things the fact you come straight back on and post that rubbish proves you have been thinking about it all this time.Get a life you sad little man.Its clear you live your life to just take pick at my posts about a football club.Why does that fact me and the staff at Watford,Palace,South hampton,Notts Forest,and a many few other clubs know all about Will Hoskins upset you so much ha?plz anser that?You think because of you we are all gona change our minds lol.If you think his so good plz ask one of the above clubs to take your friend on.But im sure i know the reply your get.But feel free. Freeloaders
  • Score: 0

7:04pm Fri 15 Feb 13

Old Scrote of the Amex says...

Freeloaders wrote:
Old Scrote of the Amex wrote:
No, Freeloader, I don't expect you to believe in anything. Rational thought, manners, politeness, compassion, common sense, facts (easily findable on Google, should you be willing to challenge your preconceptions). None of the above.
It took you over an hour to come up with that reply ha lol.Thats the best you can do.Even if you have been busy doing other things the fact you come straight back on and post that rubbish proves you have been thinking about it all this time.Get a life you sad little man.Its clear you live your life to just take pick at my posts about a football club.Why does that fact me and the staff at Watford,Palace,South

hampton,Notts Forest,and a many few other clubs know all about Will Hoskins upset you so much ha?plz anser that?You think because of you we are all gona change our minds lol.If you think his so good plz ask one of the above clubs to take your friend on.But im sure i know the reply your get.But feel free.
What the heck are you on about now? You genuinely think the fact that I didn't reply for an hour is evidence that I have been thinking about nothing but you? I have been training (you know, that thing that proper footballers do in between matches!) and believe me, I never gave your pathetic existence a single thought :-D

Now at least I know what passes for 'evidence' and facts in your strange mind. I can only surmise from your irrational hatred of Hoskins that he slept with your wife. FACT! LOL! BRAIN DEAD MUG! Get a grip, old fella, you're losing it.
[quote][p][bold]Freeloaders[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Old Scrote of the Amex[/bold] wrote: No, Freeloader, I don't expect you to believe in anything. Rational thought, manners, politeness, compassion, common sense, facts (easily findable on Google, should you be willing to challenge your preconceptions). None of the above.[/p][/quote]It took you over an hour to come up with that reply ha lol.Thats the best you can do.Even if you have been busy doing other things the fact you come straight back on and post that rubbish proves you have been thinking about it all this time.Get a life you sad little man.Its clear you live your life to just take pick at my posts about a football club.Why does that fact me and the staff at Watford,Palace,South hampton,Notts Forest,and a many few other clubs know all about Will Hoskins upset you so much ha?plz anser that?You think because of you we are all gona change our minds lol.If you think his so good plz ask one of the above clubs to take your friend on.But im sure i know the reply your get.But feel free.[/p][/quote]What the heck are you on about now? You genuinely think the fact that I didn't reply for an hour is evidence that I have been thinking about nothing but you? I have been training (you know, that thing that proper footballers do in between matches!) and believe me, I never gave your pathetic existence a single thought :-D Now at least I know what passes for 'evidence' and facts in your strange mind. I can only surmise from your irrational hatred of Hoskins that he slept with your wife. FACT! LOL! BRAIN DEAD MUG! Get a grip, old fella, you're losing it. Old Scrote of the Amex
  • Score: 0

7:24pm Fri 15 Feb 13

VegasSeagull says...

I guess not surprisingly there are, and no doubt will be more, calls for Agdestien to be given his chance.
I don't think Agdestien has proved as much as Hoskins did, prior to his injury, with regard to his ability to be an improvement on CMS.

Results are needed and only goals are going to get the sort of results we need. If Gus feels the need to replace CMS then surely he must do a loan deal rather than turn to an untried young striker from within.

I don't think I would even choose the youngstrer for the bench, maybe next year.
It is my hope that we can find a loanee that we know cna score at our level and above.
I guess not surprisingly there are, and no doubt will be more, calls for Agdestien to be given his chance. I don't think Agdestien has proved as much as Hoskins did, prior to his injury, with regard to his ability to be an improvement on CMS. Results are needed and only goals are going to get the sort of results we need. If Gus feels the need to replace CMS then surely he must do a loan deal rather than turn to an untried young striker from within. I don't think I would even choose the youngstrer for the bench, maybe next year. It is my hope that we can find a loanee that we know cna score at our level and above. VegasSeagull
  • Score: 0

7:52pm Fri 15 Feb 13

Freeloaders says...

Old Scrote of the Amex wrote:
Freeloaders wrote:
Old Scrote of the Amex wrote:
No, Freeloader, I don't expect you to believe in anything. Rational thought, manners, politeness, compassion, common sense, facts (easily findable on Google, should you be willing to challenge your preconceptions). None of the above.
It took you over an hour to come up with that reply ha lol.Thats the best you can do.Even if you have been busy doing other things the fact you come straight back on and post that rubbish proves you have been thinking about it all this time.Get a life you sad little man.Its clear you live your life to just take pick at my posts about a football club.Why does that fact me and the staff at Watford,Palace,South


hampton,Notts Forest,and a many few other clubs know all about Will Hoskins upset you so much ha?plz anser that?You think because of you we are all gona change our minds lol.If you think his so good plz ask one of the above clubs to take your friend on.But im sure i know the reply your get.But feel free.
What the heck are you on about now? You genuinely think the fact that I didn't reply for an hour is evidence that I have been thinking about nothing but you? I have been training (you know, that thing that proper footballers do in between matches!) and believe me, I never gave your pathetic existence a single thought :-D

Now at least I know what passes for 'evidence' and facts in your strange mind. I can only surmise from your irrational hatred of Hoskins that he slept with your wife. FACT! LOL! BRAIN DEAD MUG! Get a grip, old fella, you're losing it.
Run along you sad little man.So your now a proper footballer ha lol.Well stop coming on here all hours and do some real training ha.Your pathetic you want people on here to believe your a proper footballer.You claim you don't care,but then do your short bit of training then run straight back on here to see what i post.Also i don't think a young Mr,Hoskins would want to sleep with my wife at her age.You vile sick man.Still know sign of Hovite or the rest of your friends,how very odd lol.
[quote][p][bold]Old Scrote of the Amex[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Freeloaders[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Old Scrote of the Amex[/bold] wrote: No, Freeloader, I don't expect you to believe in anything. Rational thought, manners, politeness, compassion, common sense, facts (easily findable on Google, should you be willing to challenge your preconceptions). None of the above.[/p][/quote]It took you over an hour to come up with that reply ha lol.Thats the best you can do.Even if you have been busy doing other things the fact you come straight back on and post that rubbish proves you have been thinking about it all this time.Get a life you sad little man.Its clear you live your life to just take pick at my posts about a football club.Why does that fact me and the staff at Watford,Palace,South hampton,Notts Forest,and a many few other clubs know all about Will Hoskins upset you so much ha?plz anser that?You think because of you we are all gona change our minds lol.If you think his so good plz ask one of the above clubs to take your friend on.But im sure i know the reply your get.But feel free.[/p][/quote]What the heck are you on about now? You genuinely think the fact that I didn't reply for an hour is evidence that I have been thinking about nothing but you? I have been training (you know, that thing that proper footballers do in between matches!) and believe me, I never gave your pathetic existence a single thought :-D Now at least I know what passes for 'evidence' and facts in your strange mind. I can only surmise from your irrational hatred of Hoskins that he slept with your wife. FACT! LOL! BRAIN DEAD MUG! Get a grip, old fella, you're losing it.[/p][/quote]Run along you sad little man.So your now a proper footballer ha lol.Well stop coming on here all hours and do some real training ha.Your pathetic you want people on here to believe your a proper footballer.You claim you don't care,but then do your short bit of training then run straight back on here to see what i post.Also i don't think a young Mr,Hoskins would want to sleep with my wife at her age.You vile sick man.Still know sign of Hovite or the rest of your friends,how very odd lol. Freeloaders
  • Score: 0

7:57pm Fri 15 Feb 13

Freeloaders says...

Your coments about my wife just go to prove what a vile sick small minded person you are.I just hope you don;t play for the Albion,but im almost 100% sure you do.
Your coments about my wife just go to prove what a vile sick small minded person you are.I just hope you don;t play for the Albion,but im almost 100% sure you do. Freeloaders
  • Score: 0

8:28pm Fri 15 Feb 13

wiseman of hove says...

VegasSeagull wrote:
I guess not surprisingly there are, and no doubt will be more, calls for Agdestien to be given his chance.
I don't think Agdestien has proved as much as Hoskins did, prior to his injury, with regard to his ability to be an improvement on CMS.

Results are needed and only goals are going to get the sort of results we need. If Gus feels the need to replace CMS then surely he must do a loan deal rather than turn to an untried young striker from within.

I don't think I would even choose the youngstrer for the bench, maybe next year.
It is my hope that we can find a loanee that we know cna score at our level and above.
It's a difficult one Vegas.I personally have not seen enough of Agdestien to form a vew. My slight concern over a loan deal is that it took a mighty long time to get our scoring target man - and lets hope Ulloa will fulfill that - and now we have to rush around quickly to find a worthwhile support striker on loan. Would need to be better than previous loan strikers, Paynter and Vokes.
For me, however a loan striker is not a pre requisite to a playoff spot. We now have Vicente back which is massive and CMS has a chance to silence his critics. The real problem that I think the manager has to wrestle with is how to bring Will Buckley back to form. I would like to see him in a much more fluid role. If Will can get back to his rampaging form, then we will not need a loan striker.
[quote][p][bold]VegasSeagull[/bold] wrote: I guess not surprisingly there are, and no doubt will be more, calls for Agdestien to be given his chance. I don't think Agdestien has proved as much as Hoskins did, prior to his injury, with regard to his ability to be an improvement on CMS. Results are needed and only goals are going to get the sort of results we need. If Gus feels the need to replace CMS then surely he must do a loan deal rather than turn to an untried young striker from within. I don't think I would even choose the youngstrer for the bench, maybe next year. It is my hope that we can find a loanee that we know cna score at our level and above.[/p][/quote]It's a difficult one Vegas.I personally have not seen enough of Agdestien to form a vew. My slight concern over a loan deal is that it took a mighty long time to get our scoring target man - and lets hope Ulloa will fulfill that - and now we have to rush around quickly to find a worthwhile support striker on loan. Would need to be better than previous loan strikers, Paynter and Vokes. For me, however a loan striker is not a pre requisite to a playoff spot. We now have Vicente back which is massive and CMS has a chance to silence his critics. The real problem that I think the manager has to wrestle with is how to bring Will Buckley back to form. I would like to see him in a much more fluid role. If Will can get back to his rampaging form, then we will not need a loan striker. wiseman of hove
  • Score: 0

9:12pm Fri 15 Feb 13

Dr Baldhead says...

Oh Gawd! Another half decent thread ruined by 2 or 3 attention seekers. Interesting that some recently suggested a max no. of words allowed in a post. Might be useful to consider a max no. of posts a contributor can make to any particular thread.
Oh Gawd! Another half decent thread ruined by 2 or 3 attention seekers. Interesting that some recently suggested a max no. of words allowed in a post. Might be useful to consider a max no. of posts a contributor can make to any particular thread. Dr Baldhead
  • Score: 0

10:09pm Fri 15 Feb 13

VegasSeagull says...

Wiseman of Hove.

I agree as of today we do have options but there are several matches still to be played, my concern is injuries as much as loss of form.

Barnes will return soon and thta will help but I would still like to see a striker borrowed for the rest of the season.

Gus has told us thta he needs to nurse Vicente to get the best out of him, so 90 minutes every game is not on. We might have options before the game starts but do we have options whilst the game is on having now lost a striker.
Wiseman of Hove. I agree as of today we do have options but there are several matches still to be played, my concern is injuries as much as loss of form. Barnes will return soon and thta will help but I would still like to see a striker borrowed for the rest of the season. Gus has told us thta he needs to nurse Vicente to get the best out of him, so 90 minutes every game is not on. We might have options before the game starts but do we have options whilst the game is on having now lost a striker. VegasSeagull
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree