A BABY killer, a beach rapist, and a man who stabbed his father were among those jailed last month.

Defendants appeared in court over their shocking crimes and put behind bars.

Brute Michael Roe, 33, was caged for life for shaking his tiny premature daughter Holly to death and attempting to cover up the blame during three murder trials.

The baby killer was caged for life over the murder of the eight-week-old tot, and was told he will spend a minimum of 19 years in prison before he can be considered for parole.

The Argus: Michael RoeMichael Roe

His partner Tiffany Tate, 22, turned a blind eye to his abuse at their home in Alderbrook Road, Crowborough and allowed Roe to kill their daughter. She was jailed for two years and nine months.

The Argus: Tiffany TateTiffany Tate

Brighton beach rapist Aynul Hoque, 32, raped an unconscious man last summer.

He admitted rape after he was seen committing the sex attack by off-duty paramedics.

The judge said: “This was a dreadful offence. Someone had been good enough to be prepared to have a conversation with you and allowed you to have some of his alcohol.

“Nothing can explain why on earth that when he became unconscious, deeply unconscious, you then chose to rape him.

“I have heard about your background in your home country, if anything that increases my concern about why you behaved in the way you did, showing absolutely no restraint in raping the victim as he lay on that beach.”

The Argus: Aynul HoqueAynul Hoque

The Bangladeshi rapist was put behind bars for eight years for the attack.

Meanwhile Christopher Cooper was jailed for a shocking sex attack near Christ’s Hospital School in Down’s Link on a mum-of-two.

The tree surgeon attempted to overpower the lone woman as she was out running and forced himself upon her.

He attempted to rape her. The woman, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, said: “I just went out for a normal morning run. Little did I know that I would end up slammed to the ground and sexually assaulted.

“I was absolutely terrified when I found myself on the ground with my neck being twisted to stop me.

“I felt, and was, completely powerless. I didn’t know if I was going to see another day.

The Argus: Christopher CooperChristopher Cooper

Cooper, 29, was jailed for six years over the sex attack.

Thug Alex Gilbertson was jailed over stabbing two men with a needle in separate incidents at Shoreham station.

The Argus: Shoreham stationShoreham station

The 44-year-old also used the syringe to rob a man of a cigarette at the station.

A judge said Gilbertson was dangerous and posed a risk of inflicting similar harm on innocent people.

The Argus: Alex GilbertsonAlex Gilbertson

Gilbertson was jailed for four and a half years.

Andrew Spilling also found himself in court for his violence, stabbing his own father in the back in Crawley.

The attack has left his father in fear of his own son, leaving his family home of more than 50 years.

A judge said: “This is a tragic case. The bonds between parents and their children are perceived to be unbreakable. But when they are broken, they are broken irrevocably.

“It fills me with great sadness that you have deprived yourself of the relationship with your father.”

The Argus: Andrew SpillingAndrew Spilling

Spilling was jailed for two years and four months.

Brighton drug dealer Lee Jones was jailed for selling heroin and crack cocaine on the streets.

The 32-year-old twice tried to escape police, but left his jacket in an abandoned car after a police chase. Officers then found his DNA on the packages inside.

Jones was arrested after a police chase in Queen’s Road, Brighton, where he was again found in possession of drugs.

The Argus: Lee JonesLee Jones

He was jailed for a total of seven years for his crimes.

Finally, racist bomb hoaxer Paul Hudson landed in hot water over his claims at Gatwick Airport.

The 46-year-old shouted: “I have a f****** bomb, I’m not f****** joking, I’m going to make the police work for their money today.”

The Argus: Paul HudsonPaul Hudson

He sparked a shutdown at the airport and then fled on the train to London. As he was arrested he spouted vile racist abuse.

Hudson was jailed for 14 months for the bomb hoax and racist abuse.